Thursday 17 May 2012

Adventures in push processing

A small, somewhat incoherent collection from an experimental roll of Ilford HP5+ 400, shot at 1600 and pushed two stops in development. It was a fun experiment -- I feel like I learned a lot about what lighting conditions are optimal for this technique (because many of the shots turned out terribly!). It turns out that overcast, rainy days aren't the best. Also, because I mostly use 400 speed film, it was fun to be able to shoot a lot more things inside during the evening. I'll definitely be trying this out again!

******

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so good!!! I am definitely still learning what conditions are best for push processing, too. I like to back-light things, and that does not always work :-) Great experiment, though, and I hope you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really dramatic push process is on my list of things to try! I've done a couple of rolls of Tmax 100 in the Holga and pushed to 400 but that is all. I like your results!

    ReplyDelete