Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween in Toronto

Ok...technically this is Halloween in Etobicoke, but whatever. Unfortunately, my understanding of how Halloween works doesn't fit with Toronto tradition, and I was out before all of the trick or treaters! Seriously, at 6 pm I expected to see all of the cute costumes on kids too young to carry their own baskets, but there was no one (though I did see one toddler barely old enough to walk wearing a walrus costume when I went out for dinner, so that is something). Luckily for me my efforts weren't totally wasted, as many houses in this particular neighbourhood decorated according to the motto "go big or go home" (yes that cat is about 20 feet tall).

Happy Halloween :)





2 comments:

  1. haha oh my gosh. America is a little crazy sometimes! those decorations are so big!!
    I could not care less about halloween and i think the biggest decorations in our street were some orange and black baloons tied to a lettebox and some orange spider webs across their front door :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm in Canada but yes, these decorations take it to the limit! That's not really typical here, this neighbourhood is full of houses that I thought were apartment buildings the first time I walked through, so there seems to be lots of money floating around. Halloween can be fun! Mostly as I've gotten too old to trick or treat I just buy candy when it goes on sale (today!), but seeing the little kids in their costumes having so much fun is always nice :)

    ReplyDelete