Wednesday 26 September 2012

picking apples

Apple picking is one of my favourite things, and something I look forward to all year long. Traditionally, my mom and I head to Elderkin's Farm near the start of October to pick a ridiculous poundage of apples that then require a lot of baking. This year is the first that I haven't been in Nova Scotia, at least for a visit, during apple picking season, and I didn't want to face the rest of autumn without the prospect of homemade applesauce (it's really not the same if you don't pick the apples yourself), so Emily and I went to Berryview Farm in Caledon, where they taxi (ok, wagon) you past a pumpkin patch to get to the orchard. We picked 20 lbs of apples. Each.

******

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like so much fun, and looks so pretty! Wonderful photos Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh my gosh! these are all incredible, nicole. i love the 4th and 5th images especially - like extra extra love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous! I find apple trees a little difficult to shoot. They look so beautiful, but don't want to come out right in photos, and you've done a beautiful job here. Sadly this has been a bad year for apples near us. Heat and frosts were all mixed up this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. every single one of these is fantastic... seriously! you did such an amazing job capturing that autumnal atmosphere. and could your friend be any more photogenic? i doubt it. :)

    ReplyDelete